Beating leaves man on life support machine
A LATVIAN man is on a life support machine after a brutal beating left him suffering massive head injuries. The 27-year-old has been unconsciousness since the assault in the early hours of Saturday March 21. Police said the attack took place in Ford Roa
A LATVIAN man is on a life support machine after a brutal beating left him suffering massive head injuries.
The 27-year-old has been unconsciousness since the assault in the early hours of Saturday March 21.
Police said the attack took place in Ford Road, Dagenham, at around 4am.
The Latvian man, who came to England five years ago, suffered severe brain injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have been unable to identify a motive for the violent beating but are now working to contact the man's family in his home country.
The victim's name has not been released.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
He was in a stable but critical condition in Queen's hospital, Romford, last week.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) and have been bailed to return.
Police are seeking information regarding a silver car seen in the area at the time of the attack.
Anyone with information should call Barking CID on 020 8217 5548 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.