Beating leaves man on life support machine
A LATVIAN man is on a life support machine after a brutal beating left him suffering massive head injuries. The 27-year-old has been unconsciousness since the assault in the early hours of Saturday March 21. Police said the attack took place in Ford Roa
A LATVIAN man is on a life support machine after a brutal beating left him suffering massive head injuries.
The 27-year-old has been unconsciousness since the assault in the early hours of Saturday March 21.
Police said the attack took place in Ford Road, Dagenham, at around 4am.
The Latvian man, who came to England five years ago, suffered severe brain injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have been unable to identify a motive for the violent beating but are now working to contact the man's family in his home country.
The victim's name has not been released.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
He was in a stable but critical condition in Queen's hospital, Romford, last week.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) and have been bailed to return.
Police are seeking information regarding a silver car seen in the area at the time of the attack.
Anyone with information should call Barking CID on 020 8217 5548 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.