Search

Woman overcome by smoke in Becontree kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 08:54 21 May 2019 | UPDATED: 11:23 21 May 2019

Woman injured in fire at Pedley Road in Becontree. Pictures: Mike Brooke (inset) and Google

Woman injured in fire at Pedley Road in Becontree. Pictures: Mike Brooke (inset) and Google

Mike Brooke/Google

A woman was overcome by smoke when fire broke out in the kitchen of her home in Becontree last night.

She was treated by ambulance paramedics for the effects of breathing smoke when the blaze started while she was cooking at 8.30pm.

Emergency crews from Ilford fire station brought the blaze under control in 10 minutes with minimal damage to the house. No other injuries were reported and no other properties were affected.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Barking and Dagenham Post