Bees in for Saunders and Strevens
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE could lose both Sam Saunders and Ben Strevens to League One side Brentford, after Bees manager Andy Scott admitted he had made an approach for the pair. Both players were stalwarts of Daggers rise to play-off contenders last season, w
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE could lose both Sam Saunders and Ben Strevens to League One side Brentford, after Bees manager Andy Scott admitted he had made an approach for the pair.
Both players were stalwarts of Daggers rise to play-off contenders last season, with Saunders scoring 14 goals from right wing, and Strevens also netted 14 goals.
But with both out of contract, then there is every chance they will decide to make the move to Griffin Park, something that Scott is hopeful of.
"Both players did very well last season, and I am interested in them. I have spoken to their agents, so we'll see what happens," he told the Hounslow Chronicle.
"Other clubs will be interested, but I'd like to think when I show them what we are doing here, they will see a move to Brentford is beneficial to both sides.
"With Charlie MacDonald possibly out for the start of the season, we need to improve our strike rate from the right-wing, and it's no secret we struggled there at times last season."
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
How much would Daggers miss Saunders and Strevens? Email: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.