Bees in for Saunders and Strevens
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE could lose both Sam Saunders and Ben Strevens to League One side Brentford, after Bees manager Andy Scott admitted he had made an approach for the pair. Both players were stalwarts of Daggers rise to play-off contenders last season, w
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE could lose both Sam Saunders and Ben Strevens to League One side Brentford, after Bees manager Andy Scott admitted he had made an approach for the pair.
Both players were stalwarts of Daggers rise to play-off contenders last season, with Saunders scoring 14 goals from right wing, and Strevens also netted 14 goals.
But with both out of contract, then there is every chance they will decide to make the move to Griffin Park, something that Scott is hopeful of.
"Both players did very well last season, and I am interested in them. I have spoken to their agents, so we'll see what happens," he told the Hounslow Chronicle.
You may also want to watch:
"Other clubs will be interested, but I'd like to think when I show them what we are doing here, they will see a move to Brentford is beneficial to both sides.
"With Charlie MacDonald possibly out for the start of the season, we need to improve our strike rate from the right-wing, and it's no secret we struggled there at times last season."
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
How much would Daggers miss Saunders and Strevens? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.