Benson to stay at Victoria Road
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Paul Benson appears to have rejected a move to Shrewsbury Town and signed a new deal with the club. Shrews manager Paul Simpson admitted to the Shrewsweb, that he had made an offer for Benson, who was Daggers leading scorer la
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Paul Benson appears to have rejected a move to Shrewsbury Town and signed a new deal with the club, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Shrews manager Paul Simpson admitted to the Shrewsweb, that he had made an offer for Benson, who was Daggers leading scorer last year, but the striker wishes to remain at Victoria Road.
"We made a six figure offer for a striker and he's decided that he doesn't want to move, it's been reported that it was Paul Benson at Dagenham and that is who we enquired about," he said.
"Unfortunately the player has turned down the chance to come to the club and that is always the possibility when you do make enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
"His decision is because he doesn't want to leave the London area for family reasons and we have to accept that.
"We were led to believe that Paul Benson wanted to come to us and was prepared to move, but unfortunately that isn't the case."
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
The club are expected to make an announcement on this breaking news today, so keep checking back for all the latest developments.