Benson to stay at Victoria Road
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Paul Benson appears to have rejected a move to Shrewsbury Town and signed a new deal with the club. Shrews manager Paul Simpson admitted to the Shrewsweb, that he had made an offer for Benson, who was Daggers leading scorer la
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Paul Benson appears to have rejected a move to Shrewsbury Town and signed a new deal with the club, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Shrews manager Paul Simpson admitted to the Shrewsweb, that he had made an offer for Benson, who was Daggers leading scorer last year, but the striker wishes to remain at Victoria Road.
"We made a six figure offer for a striker and he's decided that he doesn't want to move, it's been reported that it was Paul Benson at Dagenham and that is who we enquired about," he said.
"Unfortunately the player has turned down the chance to come to the club and that is always the possibility when you do make enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
"His decision is because he doesn't want to leave the London area for family reasons and we have to accept that.
"We were led to believe that Paul Benson wanted to come to us and was prepared to move, but unfortunately that isn't the case."
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 5 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 10 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
The club are expected to make an announcement on this breaking news today, so keep checking back for all the latest developments.