Better information needed on Barking Splash Park after closure say parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents have called for better information about Barking Splash Park’s opening times.
A number of families were disappointed to find that the wet play facility in Barking Park was closed this afternoon, with no signage to explain why.
A council spokeswoman told the Post the Splash Park had been open from 11am, but due to a lack of visitors it closed at 2pm.
She added: “Staff assumed people had been put off because it had been raining and decided to shut for the day. Generally the Splash Park doesn’t open if its rainy.”
She said there is normally a sign up to explain that the facility is shut due to the weather.
You may also want to watch:
But mum Angela Oddi, who called the Post from the Park, said: “There are lots of other parents here at the moment who are not very happy that they have come all the way here and it’s closed with no information to explain why. The kids are really disappointed.
“The sun is out now so I don’t understand why it’s not open. There needs to be more information on the web and also signs explaining what’s going on.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 7 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking