Bid for new stroke unit
A MAJOR new unit for treating stroke patients could soon be opened at Queen s Hospital. The facility would contain expert doctors equipped with the latest technology and would treat only the most serious cases. Queen s has been marked down as one of eight
A MAJOR new unit for treating stroke patients could soon be opened at Queen's Hospital.
The facility would contain expert doctors equipped with the latest technology and would treat only the most serious cases.
Queen's has been marked down as one of eight hospitals across the capital that could get one of the units.
The idea is part of Lord Darzi's Healthcare for London plan for the capital. He is proposing an extra �23 million a year should be invested in stroke care.
You may also want to watch:
Stroke is the second biggest killer in London and the greatest cause of disability.
A consultation will last for 14 weeks with a decision expected in the summer.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault