Bingham signs on
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have awarded youth team player Billy Bingham a contract until the end of 2010, writes MIKE SIMMONDS. The youngster, who plays in central midfield, began his career at Crystal Palace, but although he featured for the reserves, he didn
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have awarded youth team player Billy Bingham a contract until the end of 2010, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The youngster, who plays in central midfield, began his career at Crystal Palace, but although he featured for the reserves, he didn't break into the first team at Selhurst Park.
Bingham turned out for Daggers in their 2-0 Essex Senior Cup defeat at Chelmsford City in January, and manager John Still is hoping his career progresses at Victoria Road.
"Billy has done quite well, so we are going to have a look at him for a year as we've done with a few of our young players," said the boss, who confirmed he would send Bingham out on loan to gain experience.
You may also want to watch:
"I think it is important for a lot of them to get games.
"It's not good to just train all the time and although they play our reserve matches, first team football is better.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
"We have a group of youngsters who we have invested some time and effort into, so hopefully we can produce some first team players.
"It has already paid off with Dominic Green's move to Peterbrough, while Tommy Tejan-Sie, Harlee Dean and Hakeem Araba are all doing particularly well, so we will keep pursuing it.