Bird photo competition
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping. London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station. Forty-two
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping.
London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station.
Forty-two bird species have been recorded on London Underground property in recent years, with an even greater number living in a variety of habitats just a short stroll away.
RSPB spokesman Tim Webb said: "We all rush around in our daily lives, rarely taking time to pause and admire what's going on in the wider world. Here's the ideal excuse to lift your eyes and discover the wildlife that lives alongside us."
There is one category for children and one for adults. Entrants should upload their photos at www.flickr.com/groups/LU-RSPB_MindtheBird and state where the picture was taken.
The competition runs until May 18.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Prizes include an annual pass to RSPB reserves and the London Transport Museum, plus a host of bird related goodies.