Bird photo competition
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping. London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station. Forty-two
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping.
London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station.
Forty-two bird species have been recorded on London Underground property in recent years, with an even greater number living in a variety of habitats just a short stroll away.
RSPB spokesman Tim Webb said: "We all rush around in our daily lives, rarely taking time to pause and admire what's going on in the wider world. Here's the ideal excuse to lift your eyes and discover the wildlife that lives alongside us."
You may also want to watch:
There is one category for children and one for adults. Entrants should upload their photos at www.flickr.com/groups/LU-RSPB_MindtheBird and state where the picture was taken.
The competition runs until May 18.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
Prizes include an annual pass to RSPB reserves and the London Transport Museum, plus a host of bird related goodies.