Bird photo competition
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping. London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station. Forty-two
SPOTTED any wild birds near your local tube station? Well, next time you do get snapping.
London Underground and RSPB are launching a competition to find the best photo of our feathered friends taken within a five minute walk of a tube station.
Forty-two bird species have been recorded on London Underground property in recent years, with an even greater number living in a variety of habitats just a short stroll away.
RSPB spokesman Tim Webb said: "We all rush around in our daily lives, rarely taking time to pause and admire what's going on in the wider world. Here's the ideal excuse to lift your eyes and discover the wildlife that lives alongside us."
You may also want to watch:
There is one category for children and one for adults. Entrants should upload their photos at www.flickr.com/groups/LU-RSPB_MindtheBird and state where the picture was taken.
The competition runs until May 18.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Prizes include an annual pass to RSPB reserves and the London Transport Museum, plus a host of bird related goodies.