Black pencil as MP's go shy over expenses
THE EXPENSES claims of every MP were published online last week – but some key details have been blacked out prompting suspicions of a cover-up . Commons authorities finally publicised the details of expenses for the past four years after the furore s
THE EXPENSES claims of every MP were published online last week - but some key details have been blacked out prompting suspicions of a "cover-up".
Commons authorities finally publicised the details of expenses for the past four years after the furore surrounding the expenses scandal and a long-running Freedom of Information (FoI) battle.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown welcomed the move, saying it was "in the interests of transparency".
But many of the invoices and receipts have been blacked out so that it is not possible to see exactly what politicians were claiming for.
You may also want to watch:
This has sparked outrage in the media; the national press are calling it a "cover-up".
One national newspaper, the Daily Telegraph, claims they printed the unedited version on Saturday June 20.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
FOR FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S POST