Blow for Thornton
O S midfielder Sean Thornton should discover this week whether or not he requires surgery on his knee. The midfielder suffered the injury during the last minute of Orient s match against Charlton last Tuesday, and it ruled him out of the clash at Yeovil l
O'S midfielder Sean Thornton should discover this week whether or not he requires surgery on his knee.
The midfielder suffered the injury during the last minute of Orient's match against Charlton last Tuesday, and it ruled him out of the clash at Yeovil last weekend.
Thornton has suffered a tear to the cartilage in his knee and O's boss Geraint Williams said: "We're waiting to see whether the tear in Sean's cartilage will require surgery.
"We will let it settle down and then decide whether he needs an operation, or if he can come through with rehab."
You may also want to watch:
The one consolation for Williams is that fellow central midfielder Adam Chambers, who has not played yet this season, is close to a return.
He was set to resume full training this week, after his comeback from a troublesome calf injury was delayed after he twisted his ankle in training.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot