Blow for Thornton
O S midfielder Sean Thornton should discover this week whether or not he requires surgery on his knee. The midfielder suffered the injury during the last minute of Orient s match against Charlton last Tuesday, and it ruled him out of the clash at Yeovil l
O'S midfielder Sean Thornton should discover this week whether or not he requires surgery on his knee.
The midfielder suffered the injury during the last minute of Orient's match against Charlton last Tuesday, and it ruled him out of the clash at Yeovil last weekend.
Thornton has suffered a tear to the cartilage in his knee and O's boss Geraint Williams said: "We're waiting to see whether the tear in Sean's cartilage will require surgery.
"We will let it settle down and then decide whether he needs an operation, or if he can come through with rehab."
You may also want to watch:
The one consolation for Williams is that fellow central midfielder Adam Chambers, who has not played yet this season, is close to a return.
He was set to resume full training this week, after his comeback from a troublesome calf injury was delayed after he twisted his ankle in training.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest