Blues name strong squad for Daggers trip
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight s clash with Dagenham & Redbridge. Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Se
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight's clash with Dagenham & Redbridge.
Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Sebastian Larsson.
The Blues endured a disappointing tour of Austria in their build-up for the new campaign, as they failed to score in three games, losing each match.
Manager Alex McLeish is happy with how the preparation is going for their trip to Dagenham though.
You may also want to watch:
"We will get back into training and start preparing for Dagenham," he said.
"I believe that there will be better results ahead, but that's not the be-all and end-all in pre-season.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone
"The most important thing for me is that we make sure we don't lose goals."
Full squad: Maik Taylor, Colin Doyle, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Stephen Carr, Stuart Parnaby, Martin Taylor, Barry Ferguson, Sebastian Larsson, Gary McSheffrey, James McFadden, Jared Wilson, Keith Fahey, Lee Bowyer, Marcus Bent, Cameron Jerome.