Blues name strong squad for Daggers trip
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight s clash with Dagenham & Redbridge. Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Se
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight's clash with Dagenham & Redbridge.
Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Sebastian Larsson.
The Blues endured a disappointing tour of Austria in their build-up for the new campaign, as they failed to score in three games, losing each match.
Manager Alex McLeish is happy with how the preparation is going for their trip to Dagenham though.
"We will get back into training and start preparing for Dagenham," he said.
"I believe that there will be better results ahead, but that's not the be-all and end-all in pre-season.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 3 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 6 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 7 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 8 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
"The most important thing for me is that we make sure we don't lose goals."
Full squad: Maik Taylor, Colin Doyle, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Stephen Carr, Stuart Parnaby, Martin Taylor, Barry Ferguson, Sebastian Larsson, Gary McSheffrey, James McFadden, Jared Wilson, Keith Fahey, Lee Bowyer, Marcus Bent, Cameron Jerome.