Blues name strong squad for Daggers trip
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight s clash with Dagenham & Redbridge. Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Se
BIRMINGHAM CITY have announced a strong squad for tonight's clash with Dagenham & Redbridge.
Scottish internationals Barry Ferguson and James McFadden will be on display at Victoria Road, as will ex-West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer and former Arsenal man Sebastian Larsson.
The Blues endured a disappointing tour of Austria in their build-up for the new campaign, as they failed to score in three games, losing each match.
Manager Alex McLeish is happy with how the preparation is going for their trip to Dagenham though.
"We will get back into training and start preparing for Dagenham," he said.
"I believe that there will be better results ahead, but that's not the be-all and end-all in pre-season.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 5 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
"The most important thing for me is that we make sure we don't lose goals."
Full squad: Maik Taylor, Colin Doyle, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Stephen Carr, Stuart Parnaby, Martin Taylor, Barry Ferguson, Sebastian Larsson, Gary McSheffrey, James McFadden, Jared Wilson, Keith Fahey, Lee Bowyer, Marcus Bent, Cameron Jerome.