Bobby Moore Fund boost
THE Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK received a massive boost on Saturday, when Hammers non-executive chairman, Andrew Bernhardt, made a half-time cheque presentation to Bobby s widow Stephanie Moore. The impressive sum of �42,728 was raised from
THE Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK received a massive boost on Saturday, when Hammers' non-executive chairman, Andrew Bernhardt, made a half-time cheque presentation to Bobby's widow Stephanie Moore.
The impressive sum of �42,728 was raised from the pre-season fixture with SSC Napoli. And there was an added bonus when club sponsors, SBOBET, presented a cheque for �5,000 to commemorate their first year as club sponsors.
Speaking in the club programme, Stephanie said: "A massive thank you to West Ham United, SBOBET and to you, the fans, I am so pleased and proud to say that together you have already managed to raise over �50,000 for the Bobby Moore Fund this season."
She added: "I know that Bobby would also be honoured that all of the fans, the club and the club's partners were working so hard to support his legacy in the Bobby Moore Fund."
You may also want to watch:
The former Hammers and England captain passed away in February 1993, having been diagnosed with bowel cancer, and his widow has been tirelessly fund-raising for the charity formed in his name since then.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham