Bobby's a dazzler in Captain's prize
BOBBY GOLDING won Ilford Golf Club s Captain s Prize qualifier. The windy conditions made the course tricky, with the top 64 cut being 12-over par at net 77. Golding ran out victor with a creditable net 60, earning him a two-shot handicap cut while Neil
BOBBY GOLDING won Ilford Golf Club's Captain's Prize qualifier.
The windy conditions made the course tricky, with the top 64 cut being 12-over par at net 77.
Golding ran out victor with a creditable net 60, earning him a two-shot handicap cut while Neil Glover finished second with a net 62.
Ilford's Norman Plum Trophy team marched through to the second round on Saturday with an excellent win against Rivenhall Oaks of Witham.
You may also want to watch:
Captained by Eric Mooney, Ilford took charge of proceedings at home where they took hold of a 94-76 lead.
The away team won their matches by 105-102 and Ilford now progress through to round two where they will meet Forrester Park in Maldon.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
The Ilford team consisted of Mal-colm Marsh, Dave Gilligan, Will Jack-son, Stuart Payne, Dave Curran, Alfie Jones, Danny McD-onald, Mahboob Khaliq, Justin Ric-hards, Tony Bris-tow, Ted Roche and Dave Smith.
Ilford's senior team beat local rivals Epping Golf Club by 91/2-11/2.
With home advantage Ilford controlled the match from start to finish, with captain Ron Fardell picking a strong team.
Ilford now face a tricky away tie against Hainault Forest in the second round of the Seniors' Championship.
WOODFORD Golf Club's Thomas Salver was won by Tom Slocombe with 38 stableford points off his handicap of eight at the weekend.
Bill Tyzack was second with 37, beating Richard Blackburn on countback.
While a couple of days before, the over-55 team, led by Michael Jones, successfully negotiated the first hurdle in this year's Essex Seniors Team Championship.
They were losing semi-finalists in the event last year but beat Ballards Gore 61/2-41/2 at home to give themselves a chance of doing better this time.