Bopara misses out
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England s Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week. Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found h
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England's Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week.
Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found himself on the sidelines once more, as England opted for extra firepower in a game they had to win to square the series.
Bowlers Monty Panesar and debutant Amjad Khan came into the side, which meant that a batsman had to make way, and Owais Shah kept his place ahead of Bopara.
The 23-year-old, from Forest Gate, will now switch his attentions to the one-day series against the West Indies, starting next week.
You may also want to watch:
Bopara has become an integral part of the limited overs set-up in recent matches, although he will be looking to improve on his highest score of 60.
There is a Twenty20 international which takes place on Sunday, before the two sides play five one-day internationals, staring on Friday, March 20.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 4 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog