Bopara misses out
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England s Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week. Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found h
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England's Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week.
Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found himself on the sidelines once more, as England opted for extra firepower in a game they had to win to square the series.
Bowlers Monty Panesar and debutant Amjad Khan came into the side, which meant that a batsman had to make way, and Owais Shah kept his place ahead of Bopara.
The 23-year-old, from Forest Gate, will now switch his attentions to the one-day series against the West Indies, starting next week.
You may also want to watch:
Bopara has become an integral part of the limited overs set-up in recent matches, although he will be looking to improve on his highest score of 60.
There is a Twenty20 international which takes place on Sunday, before the two sides play five one-day internationals, staring on Friday, March 20.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking