Bopara misses out
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England s Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week. Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found h
ESSEX all-rounder Ravi Bopara was left kicking his heels after he was omitted from England's Test team for their final match against the West Indies this week.
Although the former Brampton Manor student hit a stylish century in the fourth Test, he found himself on the sidelines once more, as England opted for extra firepower in a game they had to win to square the series.
Bowlers Monty Panesar and debutant Amjad Khan came into the side, which meant that a batsman had to make way, and Owais Shah kept his place ahead of Bopara.
The 23-year-old, from Forest Gate, will now switch his attentions to the one-day series against the West Indies, starting next week.
You may also want to watch:
Bopara has become an integral part of the limited overs set-up in recent matches, although he will be looking to improve on his highest score of 60.
There is a Twenty20 international which takes place on Sunday, before the two sides play five one-day internationals, staring on Friday, March 20.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week