Botown - Bollywood meets funk
BOTOWN is a super-tight 12-piece Asian soul funk band, performing Bollywood grooves reborn with a soul funk twist. They promise to take audiences on a trip from Memphis to Mumbai, and they perform at The Broadway, Barking, on Friday, 7.30pm. Live perfor
BOTOWN is a super-tight 12-piece Asian soul funk band, performing Bollywood grooves reborn with a soul funk twist.
They promise to take audiences on a trip from Memphis to Mumbai, and they perform at The Broadway, Barking, on Friday, 7.30pm.
Live performances combine the glamour of Bollywood and the charisma of the soul legends.
The band was put together by Ajay, a UK-born musician with Top 10 hits in India and who has worked with artists as diverse as Jamiroquai, Gregory Isaacs and the King of Bollywood himself - Shah Rukh Khan!
You may also want to watch:
There is something for everyone with performances featuring Bollywood hits "mashed up" with soul, blues and funk - the sounds of RD Burman, James Brown, Prince, AR Rahman, Sly Stone and Kishore Kumar in a way you've never heard them before.
The Botown band line-up features drums, percussion, dhol, horn section, bass,guitar, DJ turntablist, vocals, rapper and dancers.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock