Brazilian Basso set to sign up
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green. The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005. Basso has made 178 appearances fo
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green.
The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005.
Basso has made 178 appearances for the Robins, 45 of them last season, but with the arrival of Dean Gerken from Colchester United this summer, he is said to be unhappy at the prospect of being number two.
West Ham thought they had secured the signing of Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis last month, only for the deal to fall through when new owners took over at St Mary's and offered him a new deal, but Basso seems to be the best alternative.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Walker was released at the end of last season, while Marek Stech and Peter Kurucz are both considered too inexperienced to come into a Premier League game if Green was to get injured.
Basso has been offered a new deal at Ashton Gate, but he looks set to take West Ham up on their offer when it arrives.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 4 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 5 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 6 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Barking MP pushes for child poverty services under one roof
- 10 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic