Brazilian Basso set to sign up
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green. The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005. Basso has made 178 appearances fo
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green.
The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005.
Basso has made 178 appearances for the Robins, 45 of them last season, but with the arrival of Dean Gerken from Colchester United this summer, he is said to be unhappy at the prospect of being number two.
West Ham thought they had secured the signing of Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis last month, only for the deal to fall through when new owners took over at St Mary's and offered him a new deal, but Basso seems to be the best alternative.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Walker was released at the end of last season, while Marek Stech and Peter Kurucz are both considered too inexperienced to come into a Premier League game if Green was to get injured.
Basso has been offered a new deal at Ashton Gate, but he looks set to take West Ham up on their offer when it arrives.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend