Brazilian Basso set to sign up
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green. The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005. Basso has made 178 appearances fo
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green.
The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005.
Basso has made 178 appearances for the Robins, 45 of them last season, but with the arrival of Dean Gerken from Colchester United this summer, he is said to be unhappy at the prospect of being number two.
West Ham thought they had secured the signing of Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis last month, only for the deal to fall through when new owners took over at St Mary's and offered him a new deal, but Basso seems to be the best alternative.
Jimmy Walker was released at the end of last season, while Marek Stech and Peter Kurucz are both considered too inexperienced to come into a Premier League game if Green was to get injured.
Basso has been offered a new deal at Ashton Gate, but he looks set to take West Ham up on their offer when it arrives.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids