Bremen clash is a washout
IT was perhaps ironic that West Ham s first team squad travelled to Austria last week for some warm weather training and tactical preparation, only to see their friendly clash with Werder Bremen called off because of a waterlogged pitch. The game against
IT was perhaps ironic that West Ham's first team squad travelled to Austria last week for some warm weather training and tactical preparation, only to see their friendly clash with Werder Bremen called off because of a waterlogged pitch.
The game against the Germans was abandoned on Saturday morning after torrential rain in Bad Waltersdorf made the pitch unplayable.
The Hammers take on Turkish outfit Bursaspor today (Wednesday) and Slovenian side ND Mura 05 just the other side of the Austrian border on Thursday, before returning home.
Two summers ago, West Ham's trip to Austria resulted in serious injuries to both Julien Faubert and Scott Parker, this time round it seems they are having difficulties getting on the park at all!
You may also want to watch:
A young West Ham team will travel to Thurrock on Friday night for a 7.45pm kick off, while the first team travel to China over the weekend, taking on Spurs in Beijing next Wednesday (11am London time) in their first match of the Asia Cup.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London