Bremen clash is a washout
IT was perhaps ironic that West Ham s first team squad travelled to Austria last week for some warm weather training and tactical preparation, only to see their friendly clash with Werder Bremen called off because of a waterlogged pitch. The game against
IT was perhaps ironic that West Ham's first team squad travelled to Austria last week for some warm weather training and tactical preparation, only to see their friendly clash with Werder Bremen called off because of a waterlogged pitch.
The game against the Germans was abandoned on Saturday morning after torrential rain in Bad Waltersdorf made the pitch unplayable.
The Hammers take on Turkish outfit Bursaspor today (Wednesday) and Slovenian side ND Mura 05 just the other side of the Austrian border on Thursday, before returning home.
Two summers ago, West Ham's trip to Austria resulted in serious injuries to both Julien Faubert and Scott Parker, this time round it seems they are having difficulties getting on the park at all!
You may also want to watch:
A young West Ham team will travel to Thurrock on Friday night for a 7.45pm kick off, while the first team travel to China over the weekend, taking on Spurs in Beijing next Wednesday (11am London time) in their first match of the Asia Cup.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences