Bright Star (PG)
IN LONDON 1818 a secret love affair begins between poet John Keats and the girl next door, Fanny Brawne, an outspoken student of fashion. At first they seem to have nothing in common but they are drawn together by the illness of Keats younger brother. By
IN LONDON 1818 a secret love affair begins between poet John Keats and the girl next door, Fanny Brawne, an outspoken student of fashion.
At first they seem to have nothing in common but they are drawn together by the illness of Keats' younger brother.
By the time Fanny's alarmed mother and Keats' best friend realise what's going on, the relationship has an unstoppable momentum.
Their romantic obsession deepens as their troubles mount. But then Keats falls ill...
You may also want to watch:
Ben Whishaw and Abbie Cornish, pictured, star in romantic period drama, BRIGHT STAR (PG).
Director Jane Campion wrote the screenplay, inspired by a biography of Keats written by former Poet Laureate Andrew Motion.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week