Brilliant Basi is at his best
Jacob Basi scored a win-double success in Fairbairn BC colours at the London Novices Championships, held at the Five Star Club, Harold Hill at the weekend. Basi, competing in the under-66kg class A section, was forced to box a semi-final, with three entri
Jacob Basi scored a win-double success in Fairbairn BC colours at the London Novices Championships, held at the Five Star Club, Harold Hill at the weekend.
Basi, competing in the under-66kg class A section, was forced to box a semi-final, with three entries at the weight.
In his opening bout, he defeated Alfie Revell from Barking ABC on points, coming through a winner in a very close contest.
Ray Burrows from Epsom ABC got the walkover and faced Basi in the final.
The Fairbairn boxer showed his skills to take the first two rounds comfortably and, although he visibly tired as Burrows came on stronger in the final round, Basi had done enough to win the verdict - and the London title
Another member of the Basi clan, Aran, defeated Al Stewart from south London's Samuel Montague ABC on a split points decision in a very close contest to win the 63kg class B title.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 ‘For the love of animals’: Group which reunites lost pets with their owners fundraises for specialist equipment
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
Fairbairn's Ibrahim Kamala won the under-46kg title on a walkover class B and the winners now go forward into the national quarter-finals at the Five Star BC on Saturday.