Bringing back sporting success
IT S time for a sporting memory on Days of the Old School Yard this week. It comes from an anonymous source who has sent us a photo from almost 30 years ago, which we actually published in the Recorder. It shows a local football cub s presentation night i
IT'S time for a sporting memory on Days of the Old School Yard this week.
It comes from an anonymous source who has sent us a photo from almost 30 years ago, which we actually published in the Recorder.
It shows a local football cub's presentation night in Newham.
APTA collected six winners trophies at the Newham Youth Sports' Association presentation night at East Ham Town Hall in May 1980. We can spot former West Ham soccer star Pat Holland in the picture.
You may also want to watch:
Trophy winners were: LEAGUE u-12 APTA (Market Fish Bar Trophy), runners up Rippleway. (International Paints Shields); u-13 APTA (Eric Groves Trophy), runners-up WHYC (Carpenters Shields); u-15 St Michael's (Cedars FC Trophy), runners-up Tarana (Lord Stanley Shield); u-16 Kensington (Grimstead Motors Trophy), runners-up Kilburn (NALGO) Shield); u-17 Fairbairn (Danish Engineering Trophy), joint runners-up WHYC (Newham Recorder Trophy), APTA (Referees Panel '79).
CUPS: u-12 APTA (Trevic Cup) runners-up Newham Catholic (Club 50 Trophy); u-13 APTA (Trevor Brooking Trophy), WHYC (Stewart Poulton Cup); u-14 Upton Park Rangers (Prince Albert Cup) runners-up BETA (Frank Lampard Britannia Award); u-16 APTA (Pat Vincent Cup), runners-up Kilburn (Phil Newman Trophy); u-17 Fairbairn (Charles B. Wally Memorial), runners-up APTA (Bridge Road Social Club): Sportsmanship: seniors The Heathway (EC Sydney Memorial), junior VLBC (Father Goose Memorial); Fred Williams Cup APTA u-13, runners-up Newbridge (Kenway Cup); Secretary Award Terry Bellamy (George Smith award): Netball Shipman, runners-up BETA (Theroy Hustler awards).
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 8 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August