Britain’s Got Talent star lands three-album deal
A TEENAGER who made it to the semi-finals of hit TV show Britain s Got Talent has landed a three-album record deal. Megan McKenna, 17, of Forest Approach, Woodford Green, made her mark on the ITV show earlier this year as part of pop duo Harmony. During h
A TEENAGER who made it to the semi-finals of hit TV show Britain's Got Talent has landed a three-album record deal.
Megan McKenna, 17, of Forest Approach, Woodford Green, made her mark on the ITV show earlier this year as part of pop duo Harmony.
During her TV performance in May, she leapt out of a giant pink birthday cake with pal Demi Bennetts, 15, who lives in Surrey, singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. But they did not do enough to win over the public.
Now their disappointment has turned into joy after record label Soundbites Media Production snapped up the duo, with a debut song being penned for a Christmas release.
You may also want to watch:
Megan said: "I'm so happy. I'm glad something big has come out of this.
"I'm so excited to go into the studio and record the song and speak to the press.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
"We're a very poppy group. We appeal to young children.
"My friends were like, 'oh my God'. They can't wait to hear the song."
Mum Tanya McKenna said: "I'm so proud. It's a really good deal and I can't wait to hear the record.