Britain’s Got Talent star lands three-album deal
A TEENAGER who made it to the semi-finals of hit TV show Britain s Got Talent has landed a three-album record deal. Megan McKenna, 17, of Forest Approach, Woodford Green, made her mark on the ITV show earlier this year as part of pop duo Harmony. During h
A TEENAGER who made it to the semi-finals of hit TV show Britain's Got Talent has landed a three-album record deal.
Megan McKenna, 17, of Forest Approach, Woodford Green, made her mark on the ITV show earlier this year as part of pop duo Harmony.
During her TV performance in May, she leapt out of a giant pink birthday cake with pal Demi Bennetts, 15, who lives in Surrey, singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. But they did not do enough to win over the public.
Now their disappointment has turned into joy after record label Soundbites Media Production snapped up the duo, with a debut song being penned for a Christmas release.
Megan said: "I'm so happy. I'm glad something big has come out of this.
"I'm so excited to go into the studio and record the song and speak to the press.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
"We're a very poppy group. We appeal to young children.
"My friends were like, 'oh my God'. They can't wait to hear the song."
Mum Tanya McKenna said: "I'm so proud. It's a really good deal and I can't wait to hear the record.