'Brothel making our lives a misery'
FURIOUS pensioners have turned to police for help, saying a brothel has made their life miserable for more than six months. The senior citizens snapped because of the awful comings and goings of men with smiles on their faces in Wilmington Gardens, Ba
FURIOUS pensioners have turned to police for help, saying a brothel has made their life miserable for more than six months.
The senior citizens snapped because of the "awful" comings and goings of men "with smiles on their faces" in Wilmington Gardens, Barking.
One 72-year-old said his daughter was accosted by a man requesting sex services near the house last week.
A 71-year-old neighbour was rebuffed when she tried to chat a woman who told her she had to go "to do more work".
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It's different gentlemen. I think it's awful."
She added: "I want them to be gone. They never bother me. It's just the comings and goings that are just so noticeable.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
"I want a family next door, to meet somebody I can talk to."
One pensioner finally decided to write to police last week. The neighbours said the men's visits gradually built up last summer.
The matter was brought up at Longbridge safer neighbourhood panel and this week Longbridge Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Andy Larkin said: "I can confirm that police are investigating reports of a brothel being operated from an address in Wilmington Gardens, Barking.
"A warning letter has been issued, as directed during consultation with the vice squad. The premises is expected to be vacated, but the situation will continue to be monitored until this is confirmed.