Brother of soap star was knifed 11 times
THE BROTHER of an Eastenders star was stabbed to death when his friend got into a fight on a night out, the Old Bailey heard last week. Ben Kinsella, 16, the brother of actress Brooke Kinsella, was stabbed repeatedly after the incident at a bar in north L
THE BROTHER of an Eastenders star was stabbed to death when his friend got into a fight on a night out, the Old Bailey heard last week.
Ben Kinsella, 16, the brother of actress Brooke Kinsella, was stabbed repeatedly after the incident at a bar in north London.
It is alleged that Jade Braithwaite, 20, Juress Kika, 19, and Michael Alleyne, 18, chased Ben down the street, cornered him by a van and knifed him 11 times after one of their group was hit with a bottle during the scuffle.
Kika and Alleyne, from Islington, were arrested at an address in Chadwell Heath after a massive police manhunt in June last year.
Braithwaite, from Bow, was arrested in Bethnal Green. All three deny murder.
Prosecutor Nicholas Hilliard said: "No-one suggests Ben Kinsella was anything other than totally blameless."
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 7 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Ben had been out with friends at Shillibeers bar in North Road, Islington, when trouble flared in the early hours of June 29 2008.
Osman Odzemir, who was in Braithwaite's group, got into an argument with one of Ben's friends, referred to as Alfie.
A customer heard Braithwaite say: "Tell your boy if he wants trouble, I've got my tool on me and it will open you up", the court was told.
He then shouted: "I'll stab people up", it was claimed.
Mr Hilliard told the court: "Ozdemir said: 'What are you looking at?' and Braithwaite said: 'If you want to do something about it, let's do it now.'
"Braithwaite was gesturing with his hand down the front of his trousers as if he had a weapon there."
A fight then broke out inside the bar and spilled out onto the street, at which point Ozdemir was hit by a glass bottle.
Mr Hilliard said: "We cannot say who did that, although no-one suggests that Ben Kinsella was involved in any of this."
The court heard Ben and some of his friends were walking along North Road towards York Way, when a silver car pulled up.
Three boys got out and trapped Ben between two parked cars, jurors heard.
The prosecutor said: "One kicked him in the stomach and he fell to the ground. The boys then circled him, bending down towards him."
Another eyewitness then saw Ben staggering with blood on his back.
Ben, of Lonsdale Square, Islington, was rushed to nearby Whittington Hospital where he died at 7am despite efforts to save him.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds.
The trial continues.