SACHA Baron Cohen s characters court controversy – Ali G, Borat, and now gay Austrian fashion reporter Bruno. Like his previous work, it relies on the reactions of real people for many of its laughs. When he began production of Da Ali G Show on TV several
SACHA Baron Cohen's characters court controversy - Ali G, Borat, and now gay Austrian fashion reporter Bruno.
Like his previous work, it relies on the reactions of real people for many of its laughs.
When he began production of Da Ali G Show on TV several years ago, Cohen believed he would have to use all his improvisational skills to lead people down a path and get them to react for the camera.
But he found that once interviewees had a lens in front of them and were prompted with uncomfortable scenarios, they reacted honestly.
In BRUNO (18), he found some people became very angry when confronted with homosexuality.
A simple act such as a kiss between two men enraged certain people, and all their reactions were caught on camera.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms