Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- Credit: Google
Police patrols are being ramped up at Tube stations in the borough.
Since the start of the year, British Transport Police (BTP) has focused on various Underground stations in east London as part of an operation aiming to increase support for staff and assist passengers.
Operation Steed moved to the next phase, focusing on Dagenham East, Dagenham Heathway and Becontree, on Saturday, May 1.
Officers will be "reassuring the public and staff and dealing robustly with anti social behaviour", BTP says.
Sergeant Sadiq Ali said: "It's very important the staff on the frontline feel confident and safe in knowing that they can do their job without any interruption.
You may also want to watch:
“These operations are here to make sure that this is the case.
"We’re patrolling throughout the week, engaging with staff and passengers and acting as a deterrent to any antisocial behaviour.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking