15 minutes free in Barking and Dagenham car parks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will soon be able to enjoy up to 15 minutes of free parking across the borough, as part of a new trial aimed at boosting Barking and Dagenham business.
Anyone parking in a pay and display car-park will not be asked to produce or buy a ticket before a quarter-of-an-hour has elapsed.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for crime and enforcement, said: “We thought we would trial a new project aimed at helping shoppers save some money and at the same time boost local businesses.
“We hope our new approach pays dividends for drivers and shop keepers.”
Those wanting to stay more than 15 minutes can pay for a ticket through RingGo so they do not have to return to the car park.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3824 and vote in our poll.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend