15 minutes free in Barking and Dagenham car parks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will soon be able to enjoy up to 15 minutes of free parking across the borough, as part of a new trial aimed at boosting Barking and Dagenham business.
Anyone parking in a pay and display car-park will not be asked to produce or buy a ticket before a quarter-of-an-hour has elapsed.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for crime and enforcement, said: “We thought we would trial a new project aimed at helping shoppers save some money and at the same time boost local businesses.
“We hope our new approach pays dividends for drivers and shop keepers.”
Those wanting to stay more than 15 minutes can pay for a ticket through RingGo so they do not have to return to the car park.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3824 and vote in our poll.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets