15 minutes free in Barking and Dagenham car parks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will soon be able to enjoy up to 15 minutes of free parking across the borough, as part of a new trial aimed at boosting Barking and Dagenham business.
Anyone parking in a pay and display car-park will not be asked to produce or buy a ticket before a quarter-of-an-hour has elapsed.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for crime and enforcement, said: “We thought we would trial a new project aimed at helping shoppers save some money and at the same time boost local businesses.
“We hope our new approach pays dividends for drivers and shop keepers.”
Those wanting to stay more than 15 minutes can pay for a ticket through RingGo so they do not have to return to the car park.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824 and vote in our poll.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital