15 minutes free in Barking and Dagenham car parks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will soon be able to enjoy up to 15 minutes of free parking across the borough, as part of a new trial aimed at boosting Barking and Dagenham business.
Anyone parking in a pay and display car-park will not be asked to produce or buy a ticket before a quarter-of-an-hour has elapsed.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for crime and enforcement, said: “We thought we would trial a new project aimed at helping shoppers save some money and at the same time boost local businesses.
“We hope our new approach pays dividends for drivers and shop keepers.”
Those wanting to stay more than 15 minutes can pay for a ticket through RingGo so they do not have to return to the car park.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824 and vote in our poll.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020