17 jobs under threat at Budgens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
17 jobs are at risk after a supermarket’s owner went into administration.
Budgens in Green Lane, Dagenham, is under threat of closure following the announcement by Food Retailer Operations Limited (FROL).
The company took over from Co-op only six months ago but have continued to experience “difficult trading conditions”.
Joint administrator Mike Denny added: “FROL has faced significant headwinds in the form of pricing pressures, intense competition and structural change across the food retail sector.”
The 34 Budgens owned by FROL will continue to trade as usual while in discussions with interested parties for the sites.
You may also want to watch:
“Our trading strategy reflects our continued focus on engaging with interested parties, whilst seeking to optimise trading performance across all stores,” Mr Denny added.
“We will continue to evaluate our strategy as the sale process progresses over the coming days and weeks.”
Have you been affected? Email email@example.com
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham