17 jobs under threat at Budgens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
17 jobs are at risk after a supermarket’s owner went into administration.
Budgens in Green Lane, Dagenham, is under threat of closure following the announcement by Food Retailer Operations Limited (FROL).
The company took over from Co-op only six months ago but have continued to experience “difficult trading conditions”.
Joint administrator Mike Denny added: “FROL has faced significant headwinds in the form of pricing pressures, intense competition and structural change across the food retail sector.”
The 34 Budgens owned by FROL will continue to trade as usual while in discussions with interested parties for the sites.
You may also want to watch:
“Our trading strategy reflects our continued focus on engaging with interested parties, whilst seeking to optimise trading performance across all stores,” Mr Denny added.
“We will continue to evaluate our strategy as the sale process progresses over the coming days and weeks.”
Have you been affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer