17 jobs under threat at Budgens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
17 jobs are at risk after a supermarket’s owner went into administration.
Budgens in Green Lane, Dagenham, is under threat of closure following the announcement by Food Retailer Operations Limited (FROL).
The company took over from Co-op only six months ago but have continued to experience “difficult trading conditions”.
Joint administrator Mike Denny added: “FROL has faced significant headwinds in the form of pricing pressures, intense competition and structural change across the food retail sector.”
The 34 Budgens owned by FROL will continue to trade as usual while in discussions with interested parties for the sites.
You may also want to watch:
“Our trading strategy reflects our continued focus on engaging with interested parties, whilst seeking to optimise trading performance across all stores,” Mr Denny added.
“We will continue to evaluate our strategy as the sale process progresses over the coming days and weeks.”
Have you been affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients