�45m development takes shape in Barking
A �45million development comprising flats, a supermarket and a skills academy is taking shape in Barking Town Centre.
The London Road scheme will feature a new Asda store, 100 apartments and 360 parking spaces.
The 86,000 sq ft supermarket will replace the existing Asda store at Vicarage Field Shopping Centre in Ripple Road from 2015.
The Bouygues development will also include a new Technical Skills Academy, which is currently under construction.
The academy will give teenagers NVQ and City & Guilds qualifications and is set to open this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration cabinet member, Cllr Cameron Geddes, said: “New jobs, additional car parking, improved accessibility, increased footfall and investment and a host of public realm improvements will create the right mix of ingredients to help local people and businesses prosper.
“The development will realise the council’s wider regeneration plans for the area.”
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week