�45m development takes shape in Barking
A �45million development comprising flats, a supermarket and a skills academy is taking shape in Barking Town Centre.
The London Road scheme will feature a new Asda store, 100 apartments and 360 parking spaces.
The 86,000 sq ft supermarket will replace the existing Asda store at Vicarage Field Shopping Centre in Ripple Road from 2015.
The Bouygues development will also include a new Technical Skills Academy, which is currently under construction.
The academy will give teenagers NVQ and City & Guilds qualifications and is set to open this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration cabinet member, Cllr Cameron Geddes, said: “New jobs, additional car parking, improved accessibility, increased footfall and investment and a host of public realm improvements will create the right mix of ingredients to help local people and businesses prosper.
“The development will realise the council’s wider regeneration plans for the area.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils