�45m development takes shape in Barking
A �45million development comprising flats, a supermarket and a skills academy is taking shape in Barking Town Centre.
The London Road scheme will feature a new Asda store, 100 apartments and 360 parking spaces.
The 86,000 sq ft supermarket will replace the existing Asda store at Vicarage Field Shopping Centre in Ripple Road from 2015.
The Bouygues development will also include a new Technical Skills Academy, which is currently under construction.
The academy will give teenagers NVQ and City & Guilds qualifications and is set to open this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration cabinet member, Cllr Cameron Geddes, said: “New jobs, additional car parking, improved accessibility, increased footfall and investment and a host of public realm improvements will create the right mix of ingredients to help local people and businesses prosper.
“The development will realise the council’s wider regeneration plans for the area.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal