Awards double-whammy for businesses in Barking and Dagenham
Awards success has struck twice in the same year for two businesses from Barking and Dagenham.
Both funeral directors West and Coe and social enterprise Future M.O.L.D.S Communities (FMC) were among those picking up a prize at the Docklands Business Club and East London Chamber of Commerce Business Awards for 2012.
Barking-based FMC won Placemaker of the Year at the ceremony in the Docklands Museum, with West and Coe coming highly commended in the Leadership in Customer Focus category.
This latest recognition comes after success earlier in the year when both were awarded for their involvement in the community at the Barking and Dagenham Business Awards.
Director of community services at FMC, Dawn Quye-Joyce, said: “It’s a great achievement and it is just really nice for us that not only does it recognise our work but also the work of our volunteers and their commitment.
You may also want to watch:
“When you’re running the company yourself there is no-one to pat you on the back and say well done and it is just nice to be recognised.”
Jeremy West, managing director of West and Coe, said: “We are very pleased to get the recognition. Service and customer care is the main thing that motivates us as a business, it is very important in everything we do.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
Irina Khan, financial director at Bravo Motors, Barking, was also highly commended in the Female Entrepreneur of the Year category at the awards last Thursday (November 15) following similar success at the Barking and Dagenham Business Awards in July.
A council spokesman said: “We are delighted with the success of these local businesses at these prestigious awards. Once again Barking and Dagenham has shown that we have outstanding businesses which can compete with the very best.”