Barking and Dagenham Business Awards 2014 officially launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking & Dagenham Business Awards 2014 have been officially launched, giving a chance for local companies to see their achievements recognised.
Now in their seventh year, the awards – supported by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham – exist to promote the dynamic and diverse range of enterprises based in the area.
Speaking at yesterday’s launch at the Spotted Dog pub, Barking, Mark Kass, chair of Barking and Dagenham Skills, Jobs and Enterprise Board introduced this year’s theme of innovation.
He said: “These awards are well respected across East London and demonstrate to the world not only how innovative we are as individual businesses, but how truly bold and dynamic we are as a business community.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 3, at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of categories are:
Innovation, sponsored by Bouygues Development and Bouygues UK.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham
Community Involvement, including Social Enterprise, sponsored by West and Coe.
Best New Business sponsored by Barking Enterprise Centre in partnership with Agilisys.
Growth Business of the Year sponsored by Contentive.
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce with the support of The UK Bravo Group and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Supporting Education, Training or Development sponsored by Jerram Falkus.
Green Business sponsored by Neilcott Construction Ltd.
Customer Service sponsored by The Ice House Quarter.
Sole Trader/Micro Business or e-business sponsored by B&H Building Contractors Ltd.
Advice, networking events and support workshops are available for all entrants, and those entering early may find themselves showcased in the Post.
Categories are free to enter and this year businesses can do so by visiting bdbawards.com.
Send your business news to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3824.