Barking and Dagenham Business Awards 2014 officially launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking & Dagenham Business Awards 2014 have been officially launched, giving a chance for local companies to see their achievements recognised.
Now in their seventh year, the awards – supported by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham – exist to promote the dynamic and diverse range of enterprises based in the area.
Speaking at yesterday’s launch at the Spotted Dog pub, Barking, Mark Kass, chair of Barking and Dagenham Skills, Jobs and Enterprise Board introduced this year’s theme of innovation.
He said: “These awards are well respected across East London and demonstrate to the world not only how innovative we are as individual businesses, but how truly bold and dynamic we are as a business community.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 3, at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of categories are:
Innovation, sponsored by Bouygues Development and Bouygues UK.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
Community Involvement, including Social Enterprise, sponsored by West and Coe.
Best New Business sponsored by Barking Enterprise Centre in partnership with Agilisys.
Growth Business of the Year sponsored by Contentive.
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce with the support of The UK Bravo Group and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Supporting Education, Training or Development sponsored by Jerram Falkus.
Green Business sponsored by Neilcott Construction Ltd.
Customer Service sponsored by The Ice House Quarter.
Sole Trader/Micro Business or e-business sponsored by B&H Building Contractors Ltd.
Advice, networking events and support workshops are available for all entrants, and those entering early may find themselves showcased in the Post.
Categories are free to enter and this year businesses can do so by visiting bdbawards.com.
Send your business news to email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.