Barking and Dagenham Business Awards 2014 officially launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking & Dagenham Business Awards 2014 have been officially launched, giving a chance for local companies to see their achievements recognised.
Now in their seventh year, the awards – supported by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham – exist to promote the dynamic and diverse range of enterprises based in the area.
Speaking at yesterday’s launch at the Spotted Dog pub, Barking, Mark Kass, chair of Barking and Dagenham Skills, Jobs and Enterprise Board introduced this year’s theme of innovation.
He said: “These awards are well respected across East London and demonstrate to the world not only how innovative we are as individual businesses, but how truly bold and dynamic we are as a business community.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 3, at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
The full list of categories are:
Innovation, sponsored by Bouygues Development and Bouygues UK.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 7 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
Community Involvement, including Social Enterprise, sponsored by West and Coe.
Best New Business sponsored by Barking Enterprise Centre in partnership with Agilisys.
Growth Business of the Year sponsored by Contentive.
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce with the support of The UK Bravo Group and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Supporting Education, Training or Development sponsored by Jerram Falkus.
Green Business sponsored by Neilcott Construction Ltd.
Customer Service sponsored by The Ice House Quarter.
Sole Trader/Micro Business or e-business sponsored by B&H Building Contractors Ltd.
Advice, networking events and support workshops are available for all entrants, and those entering early may find themselves showcased in the Post.
Categories are free to enter and this year businesses can do so by visiting bdbawards.com.
Send your business news to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3824.