Barking and Dagenham Business Awards 2014 officially launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking & Dagenham Business Awards 2014 have been officially launched, giving a chance for local companies to see their achievements recognised.
Now in their seventh year, the awards – supported by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham – exist to promote the dynamic and diverse range of enterprises based in the area.
Speaking at yesterday’s launch at the Spotted Dog pub, Barking, Mark Kass, chair of Barking and Dagenham Skills, Jobs and Enterprise Board introduced this year’s theme of innovation.
He said: “These awards are well respected across East London and demonstrate to the world not only how innovative we are as individual businesses, but how truly bold and dynamic we are as a business community.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 3, at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of categories are:
Innovation, sponsored by Bouygues Development and Bouygues UK.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 7 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
Community Involvement, including Social Enterprise, sponsored by West and Coe.
Best New Business sponsored by Barking Enterprise Centre in partnership with Agilisys.
Growth Business of the Year sponsored by Contentive.
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce with the support of The UK Bravo Group and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Supporting Education, Training or Development sponsored by Jerram Falkus.
Green Business sponsored by Neilcott Construction Ltd.
Customer Service sponsored by The Ice House Quarter.
Sole Trader/Micro Business or e-business sponsored by B&H Building Contractors Ltd.
Advice, networking events and support workshops are available for all entrants, and those entering early may find themselves showcased in the Post.
Categories are free to enter and this year businesses can do so by visiting bdbawards.com.
Send your business news to email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.