Nominations open for business awards
- Credit: Archant
Is your company the employer of the year?
If so, then the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce wants to hear about it ahead of its business awards.
The annual celebration awards the best of the borough’s companies highlighting new and upcoming firms and business leaders.
There are 12 categories of awards that can be won and whilst there is a focus on businesses based in Barking and Dagenham there is a category for any based outside the area which work in the borough.
This week the Post highlights the employer of the year category which celebrates businesses investing in their
You may also want to watch:
staff and create a positive, inclusive environment that attracts, retains and develops talent.
The award is Sponsored by Time 107.5FM.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
The judges will be looking for how entries invest, develop and retain employees; demonstrate how this is sustainable and can show that has helped business.
This year’s main sponsor is CU London along with fellow sponsors Dagenham & Redbridge FC, Fix Auto Dagenham, London School of Management Education, The Nova Agency, Prontaprint Barking and Stratford, The Party Box, Flower Box and Time 107.5 FM.
Mr ... said: “A big thank you from Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce to all those who are sponsoring and helping to make this event so special.”
In total there are 11 catgories which are free to enter. These are person of the year; business outside but trading in the borough; Eemployer of the year; home grown talent, employee of the year; innovation and use of digital media; customer service; training, development and supporting education; business growth; best new business and sole trader or micro business.
The awards offer an excellent opportunity to promote a business with award accreditation on your company marketing
materials if you are shortlisted or win.
Further perks include coverage in the Post and by Time 107.5FM.
There will be three finalists per category who will receive two complimentary invitations to attend the awards reception, dinner and ceremony.
The entry deadline is May 10. Visit bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application