Barking and Dagenham Business Awards launch
The fifth annual Barking and Dagenham Business Awards were officially launched this afternoon.
Companies of all sizes and from all sectors will be able to put themselves forward in nine categories, with the overall winner being named Business of the Year.
This year’s awards, launched today at Barking Enterprise Centre at an event attended by former winners including Lee Goodwin of Oakleafe Property Services, are supported by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham in partnership with Sanofi and businesseast.
Paul Bishop, business relationship manager for London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, said: “We know that there are many great new and established businesses in the borough and these awards are their chance to shine.
“We are on call to assist any entrants if they need help or advice in submitting their entry.”
You may also want to watch:
Categories this year are Community Involvement including Social Enterprise; Best New Business; Innovation;
Growth Business of the Year; Business Person of the Year; Supporting Education, Training or Development;
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
Green Business; Customer Service; and Sole Trader/Micro Business or e-business.
Mark Kass, chairman of the Skills, Job and Enterprise Board, said: “Despite economic difficulties, we want to show that Barking and Dagenham has growing and successful businesses.
“With the Olympics on our doorstep and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, 2012 is a once in a lifetime opportunity to celebrate our business success.”
Mark Bass, land development and partnership leader for Sanofi, said: “We are proud of the role we have played in the business landscape of Barking and Dagenham.
“businesseast is being created at the Sanofi manufacturing plant in Dagenham which is being transformed into a business, technology and retail centre as part of the Sanofi legacy once the company ceases operation in 2013.
“We wish all entrants in this year’s awards the best of luck.”
For more information visit the offical Barking and Dagenham Business Awards site by clicking on the link to the right.
The closing date for entrants is May 9.