Barking and Dagenham businesses urged to join fight against acid attacks
- Credit: Archant
Shop owners are being urged to help in the fight against “evil” acid attacks.
Barking and Dagenham Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell has said that he wants “all responsible traders” to work with the police and the council to tackle the problem.
“We can’t be too safe,” he said. “We all need to do what we can to make sure we keep acid related products out of young hands.
“This means not only refusing to sell to anyone who appears young but to put corrosive liquids behind the counter.”
He praised Dagenham business SG Plumbing Supplies, who keep drain cleaners behind the counter of their Green Lane store and regularly tells youngsters to leave the shop when they ask for corrosive substances.
The call comes after Cllr Rodwell said the council would look at evicting council tenants “who are involved in outrageous criminal acts such as these evil acid attacks”.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy