Barking and Dagenham businesses urged to join fight against acid attacks
- Credit: Archant
Shop owners are being urged to help in the fight against “evil” acid attacks.
Barking and Dagenham Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell has said that he wants “all responsible traders” to work with the police and the council to tackle the problem.
“We can’t be too safe,” he said. “We all need to do what we can to make sure we keep acid related products out of young hands.
“This means not only refusing to sell to anyone who appears young but to put corrosive liquids behind the counter.”
He praised Dagenham business SG Plumbing Supplies, who keep drain cleaners behind the counter of their Green Lane store and regularly tells youngsters to leave the shop when they ask for corrosive substances.
You may also want to watch:
The call comes after Cllr Rodwell said the council would look at evicting council tenants “who are involved in outrageous criminal acts such as these evil acid attacks”.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils