Barking and Dagenham businesses urged to join fight against acid attacks
- Credit: Archant
Shop owners are being urged to help in the fight against “evil” acid attacks.
Barking and Dagenham Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell has said that he wants “all responsible traders” to work with the police and the council to tackle the problem.
“We can’t be too safe,” he said. “We all need to do what we can to make sure we keep acid related products out of young hands.
“This means not only refusing to sell to anyone who appears young but to put corrosive liquids behind the counter.”
He praised Dagenham business SG Plumbing Supplies, who keep drain cleaners behind the counter of their Green Lane store and regularly tells youngsters to leave the shop when they ask for corrosive substances.
You may also want to watch:
The call comes after Cllr Rodwell said the council would look at evicting council tenants “who are involved in outrageous criminal acts such as these evil acid attacks”.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs