Barking and Dagenham Chamber Business Awards 2015 launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2015 officially launched last night, giving local companies an opportunity to have their achievements recognised.
With the council no longer funding the borough’s annual entrepreneurial showpieces, the Chamber kicked off the awards’ latest incarnation with a networking reception at Dagenham and Redbridge’s Victoria Road stadium.
Free to enter and sponsored by the Post, the awards are open to all businesses, organisations and self-employed individuals based in, or trading in the borough.
“I am delighted to announce that the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2015 are open for entry,” said Chamber president Mark Bass.
“Entering is an excellent way to promote your business and gain recognition for your achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards are a wonderful platform for celebrating and generating business success.”
With categories encompassing everything from digital impact to young entrepreneur, entrants must describe how they meet their respective criteria in no more than 500 words.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
When the deadline for entries closes in four weeks’ time, judges will draw up a shortlist for each category ahead of the glitzy awards dinner and ceremony at the Daggers on July 16.
Mr Bass added: “There are 12 categories of awards that can be won, and whilst there is a focus on businesses located in Barking and Dagenham, there is also a category for those businesses based outside our area which are doing significant business in Barking and Dagenham.
“There are plenty of opportunities for entry and are free for all businesses to participate.”
All winners on the night will receive an engraved trophy and framed certificate.
A record number of companies entered last year’s borough-wide business awards, which were hosted by Strictly Come Dancing favourite Anton du Beke, at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
Scented candle manufacturers Stoneglow Candles, based in Selinas Lane, Dagenham, were the big winners of 2014, taking home the Growth Business and overall Business of the Year prizes.
Glen Standage, managing director of publishers Walter Newbury Ltd, was named Business Person of the year.
The closing date for this year’s entries is 5pm on Friday, June 5.
For more information visit bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk.