Barking and Dagenham Chamber Business Awards 2016 launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards have officially launched giving local companies and entrepreneurs a chance to have their achievements celebrated.
Back for a second year, the awards will be split across 12 different categories including three new additions – Business and Social Responsibility, Young Entrepreneur or Businessperson and Innovation and Use of Digital Media.
The awards, which are free to enter, will be presented at a prestigious black-tie dinner at Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club on July 14 and Chamber president Mark Bass hopes as many companies as possible will enter.
“It’s an ideal opportunity to be independently assessed and to put yourself up against your peers,” he said.
“It’s also a fantastic opportunity to showcase yourself and highlight your successes and show to others that yours is a business that achieves something.
“In the past award winners from the borough have gone on to win bigger regional awards, so this is a great platform.”
The Party Box, in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, dominated last year’s awards winning Business of the Year and Best Sole Trader Micro Business while boss Donna Pike took home Business Person of the Year.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 10 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
All entries for this year’s awards must be in by 5pm on Friday, April 29.
Visit bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk for more information, or to enter.