Barking and Dagenham Chamber Business Awards 2016 launched
- Credit: Archant
The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards have officially launched giving local companies and entrepreneurs a chance to have their achievements celebrated.
Back for a second year, the awards will be split across 12 different categories including three new additions – Business and Social Responsibility, Young Entrepreneur or Businessperson and Innovation and Use of Digital Media.
The awards, which are free to enter, will be presented at a prestigious black-tie dinner at Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club on July 14 and Chamber president Mark Bass hopes as many companies as possible will enter.
“It’s an ideal opportunity to be independently assessed and to put yourself up against your peers,” he said.
“It’s also a fantastic opportunity to showcase yourself and highlight your successes and show to others that yours is a business that achieves something.
You may also want to watch:
“In the past award winners from the borough have gone on to win bigger regional awards, so this is a great platform.”
The Party Box, in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, dominated last year’s awards winning Business of the Year and Best Sole Trader Micro Business while boss Donna Pike took home Business Person of the Year.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 10 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
All entries for this year’s awards must be in by 5pm on Friday, April 29.
Visit bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk for more information, or to enter.