Barking and Dagenham College awarded for Entrepreneurship Week
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising college has been recognised for its business skills by the organisers of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Barking and Dagenham College was handed a ‘High Impact’ award for its contribution to Entrepreneurship Week through a series of events showcasing students’ entrepreneurial skills.
Among the events, which took place between November 16 and 22 2014, students were tasked with creating a new drink as part of ‘The Apprentice Challenge’, which were then presented to a panel of professionals and sold during the college’s Christmas market.
Students were also given a unique opportunity to network with fellow student entrepreneurs across the world, linking up with others in the Philippines and Finland to discuss issues like import and export opportunities.
The week also saw one group of students selected from over 1,300 from across the country, for the finals of national competition ‘Market Maker’.
You may also want to watch:
The team were tasked with creating their own business, coming up with ‘Tiptoes Shoes’ – shoes that transform from high-heels to a more comfortable shoe when required.
A number of workshops were also held encouraging students with business ideas and Adnan Mahmood, chief entrepreneurial leader at the college, was delighted with the recognition.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 5 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 9 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
He said: “We are passionate about instilling entrepreneurial skills in our students because it is these skills that will help students become economically independent and prepared for the real world – that’s why events like Global Entrepreneurship Week are so important.
“For Barking and Dagenham College, Entrepreneurship Week is every week, and it’s an honour to be recognised by the organisers for this.”