Barking and Dagenham ‘mumtrepreneurs’ open fourth nursery
- Credit: Archant
Two “mumtrepreneurs” have opened their fourth nursery.
Leah Clarke and Sarah Hawkins launched Barney Bears Nursery after becoming friends while studying childcare at Barking and Dagenham College in the nineties.
After opening their first nursery in Barking they expanded to Chigwell, West Ham and, most recently, Ilford.
About 85 per cent of their staff are ex-Barking and Dagenham College students and Leah and Sarah also offer students work experience.
The women are also on the board of the college’s Technical Skills Academy and carry out presentations for students in inspire them to follow in their footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
Leah said: “At college we always worked hard, listened to our tutors, attended work placements and participated.
“We love to head-hunt hard working students that are placed with us.”
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
Leah and Sarah will celebrate 10 years of their business Barney Bears this year.