Barking and Dagenham ‘mumtrepreneurs’ open fourth nursery
- Credit: Archant
Two “mumtrepreneurs” have opened their fourth nursery.
Leah Clarke and Sarah Hawkins launched Barney Bears Nursery after becoming friends while studying childcare at Barking and Dagenham College in the nineties.
After opening their first nursery in Barking they expanded to Chigwell, West Ham and, most recently, Ilford.
About 85 per cent of their staff are ex-Barking and Dagenham College students and Leah and Sarah also offer students work experience.
The women are also on the board of the college’s Technical Skills Academy and carry out presentations for students in inspire them to follow in their footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
Leah said: “At college we always worked hard, listened to our tutors, attended work placements and participated.
“We love to head-hunt hard working students that are placed with us.”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
Leah and Sarah will celebrate 10 years of their business Barney Bears this year.