Barking and Dagenham ‘mumtrepreneurs’ open fourth nursery
- Credit: Archant
Two “mumtrepreneurs” have opened their fourth nursery.
Leah Clarke and Sarah Hawkins launched Barney Bears Nursery after becoming friends while studying childcare at Barking and Dagenham College in the nineties.
After opening their first nursery in Barking they expanded to Chigwell, West Ham and, most recently, Ilford.
About 85 per cent of their staff are ex-Barking and Dagenham College students and Leah and Sarah also offer students work experience.
The women are also on the board of the college’s Technical Skills Academy and carry out presentations for students in inspire them to follow in their footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
Leah said: “At college we always worked hard, listened to our tutors, attended work placements and participated.
“We love to head-hunt hard working students that are placed with us.”
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
Leah and Sarah will celebrate 10 years of their business Barney Bears this year.