Barking and Dagenham ‘mumtrepreneurs’ open fourth nursery
- Credit: Archant
Two “mumtrepreneurs” have opened their fourth nursery.
Leah Clarke and Sarah Hawkins launched Barney Bears Nursery after becoming friends while studying childcare at Barking and Dagenham College in the nineties.
After opening their first nursery in Barking they expanded to Chigwell, West Ham and, most recently, Ilford.
About 85 per cent of their staff are ex-Barking and Dagenham College students and Leah and Sarah also offer students work experience.
The women are also on the board of the college’s Technical Skills Academy and carry out presentations for students in inspire them to follow in their footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
Leah said: “At college we always worked hard, listened to our tutors, attended work placements and participated.
“We love to head-hunt hard working students that are placed with us.”
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
Leah and Sarah will celebrate 10 years of their business Barney Bears this year.