Barking and Dagenham’s business success celebrated at Chamber of Commerce awards
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s brightest business brains came together last night for the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Entrepreneurs and established companies alike competed in 11 categories, with the overall business of the year – Sensor Coating Systems – chosen from among the category winners.
Two special judges’ awards were also presented to entrants deemed exceptional but not successful in any other categories.
One of these was given to 15-year-old entrepreneur Eren Ince, who will also receive business mentoring and coaching, plus the printing of banner and business cards, as part of his prize thanks to some of the awards’ sponsors.
Jeremy West, the manager of West & Coe Funeral Directors, was also announced as the winner of the lifetime achievement award.
The ceremony, which took place at the Roundhouse, began with a drinks reception followed by a three course meal.
Entertainment was provided by young singers Beaux Beatz, vocalist Tony James and magician Jack of Hearts.
- 1 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 8 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 9 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 10 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
Paul Noon, the pro-vice chanellor for enterprise and innovation at Coventry University, and Jon Cruddas, the MP for Dagenham and Rainham, both spoke about the borough’s prosperity and their ambitions for its future.
After the awards were presented, attendees could enjoy an after party with music from the Base Tones.
The full list of winners:
Business of the year, sponsored by Vicarage Field Shopping Centre: Sensor Coating Systems
Business person of the year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce: Himanshu Jain from Thought Agile
Business outside Barking and Dagenham which is trading in the borough, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber fo Commerce: Land Management Ltd/Romford Shopping Hall
Young entrepreneur/business person of the year, sponsored by London School of Management Education: Md Abu Bakar Siddiqe (Russell), Caffe Latte
Community involvement, sponsored by Shearforce Security: Barking Enterprise Centre CIC
Business and social responsibility, sponsored by Canary Wharf Group PLC/East London Business Place: Boathouse Cafe and Bar
Innovation and use of digital media, sponsored by Prontaprint Barking: Sensor Coating Systems
Customer service, sponsored by Fix Auto Dagenham: Access Financial Services
Training, development and supporting education, sponsored by CU London: London School of Management Education
Business growth, sponsored by Time 107.5 FM: Chenai Holistic Home Care Agency
Best new business, sponsored by Nova: Uniform 7
Sole trader/micro business, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce: PAES UK
Judges’ award: Angela Bennett, Floglass Windscreens
Judges’ award: Eren Ince, Ince Group
Lifetime achievement: Jeremy West, West & Coe Funeral Directors