Barking and Dagenham shops set for Black Friday sales
- Credit: Archant
Traders are preparing for one of busiest days of Christmas shopping tomorrow with stores set to slash prices for Black Friday.
Traditionally one of the biggest sales day in America, falling just after the Thanksgiving holiday, the trend has spread across the Atlantic with more UK shops than ever before joining in the fun.
Visa Europe is forecasting that Britons will spend £360,000 per minute, or £6000 per second through the course of the day.
At Dagenham’s Heathway shopping centre the likes of Peacocks and Store 21 are cutting prices while a number of shops at Barking’s Vicarge Fields will also be getting involved.
Supermarkets are set to reap the benefits with Asda stores on both sides of the borough prepared for a bumper weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Doors will open at 8am on both Friday and Saturday and a number of big bargains are already being teased online.
Traders at Barking market are also hosting their first ever Black Friday sales, with many stalls boasting 20 per cent discounts.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
“The American craze seems to have really caught on this year, people seem to be ready for it,” said market director Frank Nash.
“It can be a double-edged sword because we’ll probably have less people down on the days either side, but it should be a busy day.
“Everyone’s gets paid this week and traditionally the last weekend in November is always a busy one anyway, so we’re all set.”
Will you be grabbing yourself a bargain tomorrow, or will you be working through the madness?
Send your Black Friday shopping pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could end up in next week’s paper.