Barking Birthdays shop to close within a week
The Birthdays store in Barking is set to close within a week, administrators confirmed today (Friday).
Zolfo Cooper said a further 122 Clinton Cards and Birthdays stores not included in the sale of Clinton Cards to Lakeshore Lending Limited earlier this month are to close by Thursday June 21.
The 8,000-staff chain went into administration in May with accumulated costs and debts of more than �130million.
Eight staff are based at the store in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre, Ripple Road, Barking.
On 7 June 2012, it was announced that the brands and assets of Clinton Cards, including 397 stores, had been purchased by Lakeshore Lending Limited (Lakeshore), a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation.
You may also want to watch:
However, 330 stores were not included in the sale and remained under the control of the administrators. 43 of these stores were closed on June 8 and now a further 122 stores will cease trading by June 21.
At the time of going in to administration the group had 750 stores and 2011 revenues of over �360 million across its two retail brands.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
A buyer is still being sought for the remaining stores.
Are you affected? Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3804.