Barking Birthdays shop to close within a week
The Birthdays store in Barking is set to close within a week, administrators confirmed today (Friday).
Zolfo Cooper said a further 122 Clinton Cards and Birthdays stores not included in the sale of Clinton Cards to Lakeshore Lending Limited earlier this month are to close by Thursday June 21.
The 8,000-staff chain went into administration in May with accumulated costs and debts of more than �130million.
Eight staff are based at the store in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre, Ripple Road, Barking.
On 7 June 2012, it was announced that the brands and assets of Clinton Cards, including 397 stores, had been purchased by Lakeshore Lending Limited (Lakeshore), a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation.
You may also want to watch:
However, 330 stores were not included in the sale and remained under the control of the administrators. 43 of these stores were closed on June 8 and now a further 122 stores will cease trading by June 21.
At the time of going in to administration the group had 750 stores and 2011 revenues of over �360 million across its two retail brands.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
A buyer is still being sought for the remaining stores.
Are you affected? Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3804.