Barking children’s centre to run course helping jobseekers
A centre is running a work club to help people find a job.
The six-week course will take place at Sue Bramley Children’s Centre, Bastable Avenue, Barking.
The group will help people prepare a professional CV and get up to date with modern recruitment processes including online application forms, competency interviews and assessment days.
Jobseekers will also find out how to put their skills into practice for any vacancies that come up for the Olympics, and be able to ask questions about preparing and searching for a job.
A spokesman for the centre said: “This is a great opportunity to get personalised advice and to share tips with other candidates.
You may also want to watch:
“All Barking and Dagenham residents are welcome to attend.”
The course takes place every Wednesday from 1.15pm to 2.45pm until February 29, apart from during half term.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
For more information call the centre on 020 8270 6619.