Barking drama group receive cash support from supermarket
A drama group has received a cash boost thanks to a supermarket chain.
Sainsbury’s Chadwell Heath donated Barking Music and Drama with £150 to help them with the costs of putting on musicals.
The money comes from the supermarket’s Community Budget Scheme, which in turn is funded by the sales of Bags for Life (reusable carrier bags) at the store in High Road.
Store manager Gareth Powell said: “Our store is at the heart of the local community and it is important that we can do as much as we can to support it.
“When we heard about Barking Music and Drama, we were pleased to be able to help out”
You may also want to watch:
In June the drama group put on a production of Oklahoma! and raised over around a £1,000 for victims of the devastating Oklahoma tornado in May.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council backs campaign against 'cladding scandal'
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder