Barking drama group receive cash support from supermarket
A drama group has received a cash boost thanks to a supermarket chain.
Sainsbury’s Chadwell Heath donated Barking Music and Drama with £150 to help them with the costs of putting on musicals.
The money comes from the supermarket’s Community Budget Scheme, which in turn is funded by the sales of Bags for Life (reusable carrier bags) at the store in High Road.
Store manager Gareth Powell said: “Our store is at the heart of the local community and it is important that we can do as much as we can to support it.
“When we heard about Barking Music and Drama, we were pleased to be able to help out”
You may also want to watch:
In June the drama group put on a production of Oklahoma! and raised over around a £1,000 for victims of the devastating Oklahoma tornado in May.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham