Barking graduate launches 60 sec restaurant booking site
A business graduate hopes to make it big with a website letting Londoners book a restaurant table after going on a 60-second virtual tour of eateries in the capital.
Nelson Sivalingam, 24, launched the restaurant booking site oneminutelondon.com after struggling to get a job in the economic downturn.
He now runs the expanding site with two colleagues and five interns helping the company film promotional videos of restaurants across London.
Nelson, of Cranborne Road, Barking, said: “I am one of many recent graduates who came out of university with a degree and debt to find myself contributing to the rising youth unemployment statistic.
“Frustrated that years of studying had not prepared me for the environment we are now living in, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
You may also want to watch:
“Now the company is at stage where we are able to hire talented recent graduates who were also frustrated with the job market, just like I was.
“We’re looking at branching out to the rest of the UK and the world.”
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
The site went live this month and now features 17 London restaurants with new ones set to be added each week.
Nelson graduated from Aston University in Birmingham and works in offices in Bow Road.