Barking graduate launches 60 sec restaurant booking site
A business graduate hopes to make it big with a website letting Londoners book a restaurant table after going on a 60-second virtual tour of eateries in the capital.
Nelson Sivalingam, 24, launched the restaurant booking site oneminutelondon.com after struggling to get a job in the economic downturn.
He now runs the expanding site with two colleagues and five interns helping the company film promotional videos of restaurants across London.
Nelson, of Cranborne Road, Barking, said: “I am one of many recent graduates who came out of university with a degree and debt to find myself contributing to the rising youth unemployment statistic.
“Frustrated that years of studying had not prepared me for the environment we are now living in, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
You may also want to watch:
“Now the company is at stage where we are able to hire talented recent graduates who were also frustrated with the job market, just like I was.
“We’re looking at branching out to the rest of the UK and the world.”
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
The site went live this month and now features 17 London restaurants with new ones set to be added each week.
Nelson graduated from Aston University in Birmingham and works in offices in Bow Road.