Barking hair salon nominated for prestigious London award
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser has said she would be “over the moon” if her salon makes the cut in a London-wide contest.
Glitz ‘N’ Glamour in Barking will go head to head against six other hairdressers in the east category of the London Hair and Beauty Awards, which takes place next month.
Owner Tracey Nicholson said the nomination for team and service of the year was “quite an achievement”.
“There are so many hairdressers out there,” she explained.
“We’ve done quite well over the years locally, but to do well across the whole board in London is really nice.”
You may also want to watch:
The mum-of-two has run the salon in Faircross Parade for the past eight years and for a further five in Hainault.
“I love my job, the customers are so nice that they’re more like old friends than clients,” admitted Tracey, who has four colleagues.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
“You never have the same day – day in, day out it’s different.”
Tracey, who lives in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham, will miss the swanky awards at the London Marriott Hotel in Grosvenor Square due to a planned holiday, but is sad not to make the evening.
“When we were first nominated we were like ‘wow’,” the 48-year-old said.
“It’s nice to be nominated but I’m not hedging my bets on winning. We’d be over the moon to win – it’s nice to be recognised, let alone get the award.”
Whatever happens, the salon itself will undergo a silver-themed, bling-style renovation this month after customers voted for their favoured style.
“I’m not sure how it’s going to look but we’re going with the customers,” laughed Tracey.
Go to Glitz ‘N’ Glamour Hair Salon on Facebook for further information. Visit hairandbeautyawards.info for more details of the awards.