Barking McDonald’s reopens with new technology
- Credit: Archant
A fast-food restaurant has reopened in Barking town centre following a revamp.
The McDonald’s outlet in East Street now boasts self-order kiosks, allowing customers to browse the entire menu before going to a specially-designated area to pick up their order.
In the kitchens, new lay-outs and increased technology mean meals will be made specially to order for customers, with every burger and wrap freshly-prepared.
Free-to-use tablets have also been installed at some tables for customers who want to check their newsfeeds and emails, following the October 3 relaunch.
The restaurant is one of the first in the area to undergo a transformation but the eatery in Dagenham Leisure Park is also set for a similar makeover this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Technology has a huge role to play in all walks of life, including our customers’ eating out experience, so the new tech we’ve introduced recognises the way people live their lives today,” said franchisee Zulfikar Somji, whose nine restaurants contribute £8.2 million to the local economy.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 9 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning