Barking MP to open East London EXPO
Barking MP Margaret Hodge is due to open the third annual East London EXPO today (Wednesday).
Up to 100 businesses from across the east London corridor are to showcase their expertise at the Dagenham event from 10am to 6pm.
The MP is due to attend at around 10.30am so she can officially launch the EXPO, at the M&B Club grounds of Sanofi-Aventis, in Rainham Road, South Dagenham.
It will be followed by a networking evening until 8pm.
The event is supported by media partners and exhibitor Archant, publishers of the Post.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Banks, chairman of the organising committee, said: “We are expecting to welcome back hundreds of the region’s business owners and managers to the event, where they will find leading businesses offering goods and services, and actively seeking trading opportunities.
“East London EXPO strives to raise the profile of East London and its strong and growing business base. Everyone in the area who has a business, or an interest in doing business, should attend.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
Barking and Dagenham Mayor Tony Ramsay is due to attend from 1pm.