Barking MP to open East London EXPO
Barking MP Margaret Hodge is due to open the third annual East London EXPO today (Wednesday).
Up to 100 businesses from across the east London corridor are to showcase their expertise at the Dagenham event from 10am to 6pm.
The MP is due to attend at around 10.30am so she can officially launch the EXPO, at the M&B Club grounds of Sanofi-Aventis, in Rainham Road, South Dagenham.
It will be followed by a networking evening until 8pm.
The event is supported by media partners and exhibitor Archant, publishers of the Post.
Jamie Banks, chairman of the organising committee, said: “We are expecting to welcome back hundreds of the region’s business owners and managers to the event, where they will find leading businesses offering goods and services, and actively seeking trading opportunities.
“East London EXPO strives to raise the profile of East London and its strong and growing business base. Everyone in the area who has a business, or an interest in doing business, should attend.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 6 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
- 10 Cycling festival coming to Barking
Barking and Dagenham Mayor Tony Ramsay is due to attend from 1pm.