Barking mum launches business photographing newborn babies
- Credit: Archant
A photographer mum with an eye for cuteness has launched her own business specialising in taking pictures of newborn babies.
Cheryl Medcalf, 32, of Felton Road, Barking, returned to her support services job at Great Ormond Street Hospital last April, following a 12-month maternity leave to give birth to son Rory.
But after feeling the strain of a hectic job with rigid hours, together with being a new mother, she decided to walk-away and do something she was really passionate about.
After taking a few months out to reflect and spend more time with her boy, Cheryl decided to turn her photography hobby into a new career.
“I had some savings in the bank so I thought I’d walk away and see how the photography goes,” she explained
You may also want to watch:
“I absolutely love it at the moment. It’s much more flexible and it’s my dream to be able to do this permanently full-time.
“I get to meet loads of new people and as a mum I find it easier to relate to new-baby-and-mother situations. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like babies?”
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
Also covering weddings and family occasions, much of her time is spent photographing tots less than two weeks’ old.
Currently working across Barking and Dagenham she hopes to take her business right across London as her business grows.
For more information visit www.cherylleigh.co.uk or www.facebook.com/cherylleighphoto.