Barking mum launches business photographing newborn babies
- Credit: Archant
A photographer mum with an eye for cuteness has launched her own business specialising in taking pictures of newborn babies.
Cheryl Medcalf, 32, of Felton Road, Barking, returned to her support services job at Great Ormond Street Hospital last April, following a 12-month maternity leave to give birth to son Rory.
But after feeling the strain of a hectic job with rigid hours, together with being a new mother, she decided to walk-away and do something she was really passionate about.
After taking a few months out to reflect and spend more time with her boy, Cheryl decided to turn her photography hobby into a new career.
“I had some savings in the bank so I thought I’d walk away and see how the photography goes,” she explained
You may also want to watch:
“I absolutely love it at the moment. It’s much more flexible and it’s my dream to be able to do this permanently full-time.
“I get to meet loads of new people and as a mum I find it easier to relate to new-baby-and-mother situations. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like babies?”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?
Also covering weddings and family occasions, much of her time is spent photographing tots less than two weeks’ old.
Currently working across Barking and Dagenham she hopes to take her business right across London as her business grows.
For more information visit www.cherylleigh.co.uk or www.facebook.com/cherylleighphoto.