Barking mum launches business photographing newborn babies
- Credit: Archant
A photographer mum with an eye for cuteness has launched her own business specialising in taking pictures of newborn babies.
Cheryl Medcalf, 32, of Felton Road, Barking, returned to her support services job at Great Ormond Street Hospital last April, following a 12-month maternity leave to give birth to son Rory.
But after feeling the strain of a hectic job with rigid hours, together with being a new mother, she decided to walk-away and do something she was really passionate about.
After taking a few months out to reflect and spend more time with her boy, Cheryl decided to turn her photography hobby into a new career.
“I had some savings in the bank so I thought I’d walk away and see how the photography goes,” she explained
You may also want to watch:
“I absolutely love it at the moment. It’s much more flexible and it’s my dream to be able to do this permanently full-time.
“I get to meet loads of new people and as a mum I find it easier to relate to new-baby-and-mother situations. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like babies?”
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
Also covering weddings and family occasions, much of her time is spent photographing tots less than two weeks’ old.
Currently working across Barking and Dagenham she hopes to take her business right across London as her business grows.
For more information visit www.cherylleigh.co.uk or www.facebook.com/cherylleighphoto.