Barking mum launches business photographing newborn babies
- Credit: Archant
A photographer mum with an eye for cuteness has launched her own business specialising in taking pictures of newborn babies.
Cheryl Medcalf, 32, of Felton Road, Barking, returned to her support services job at Great Ormond Street Hospital last April, following a 12-month maternity leave to give birth to son Rory.
But after feeling the strain of a hectic job with rigid hours, together with being a new mother, she decided to walk-away and do something she was really passionate about.
After taking a few months out to reflect and spend more time with her boy, Cheryl decided to turn her photography hobby into a new career.
“I had some savings in the bank so I thought I’d walk away and see how the photography goes,” she explained
“I absolutely love it at the moment. It’s much more flexible and it’s my dream to be able to do this permanently full-time.
“I get to meet loads of new people and as a mum I find it easier to relate to new-baby-and-mother situations. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like babies?”
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
Also covering weddings and family occasions, much of her time is spent photographing tots less than two weeks’ old.
Currently working across Barking and Dagenham she hopes to take her business right across London as her business grows.
For more information visit www.cherylleigh.co.uk or www.facebook.com/cherylleighphoto.