Barking Splash Park opens early to make most of weekend sun
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Splash Park opened ahead of schedule after some of the best weather of the year was forecast for the weekend.
Barking Park’s wet play area had been due to re-open for the 2014 season on Saturday (24) in time for schools’ half-term holidays.
But Barking and Dagenham Council deceided to open early and offer free access on both Saturday and Sunday last week.
Paul Hogan, the council’s divisional director of culture and sport, said: “Barking Splash Park is a great borough facility, which is popular with residents, but we are at the mercy of the weather.
“So for the sake of a week, we have decided to open early due to the nice weather predicted and thought it would be a great gesture to open for free.”
You may also want to watch:
Prices will now range from free for members aged less than a year old, to £3.60 for non-members aged more than one.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/splash or call 020 8724 3120.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
Barking Splash Park to re-open for summer later this monthBetter information needed on Barking Splash Park after closure say parentsUK’s biggest adventure golf course prepares to open in Chadwell Heath