Barking Splash Park opens early to make most of weekend sun
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Splash Park opened ahead of schedule after some of the best weather of the year was forecast for the weekend.
Barking Park’s wet play area had been due to re-open for the 2014 season on Saturday (24) in time for schools’ half-term holidays.
But Barking and Dagenham Council deceided to open early and offer free access on both Saturday and Sunday last week.
Paul Hogan, the council’s divisional director of culture and sport, said: “Barking Splash Park is a great borough facility, which is popular with residents, but we are at the mercy of the weather.
“So for the sake of a week, we have decided to open early due to the nice weather predicted and thought it would be a great gesture to open for free.”
Prices will now range from free for members aged less than a year old, to £3.60 for non-members aged more than one.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/splash or call 020 8724 3120.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 'Dickensian diseases’ to rise as a result of cost-of-living, warns Labour
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
Barking Splash Park to re-open for summer later this monthBetter information needed on Barking Splash Park after closure say parentsUK’s biggest adventure golf course prepares to open in Chadwell Heath