Barking Splash Park opens early to make most of weekend sun
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Splash Park opened ahead of schedule after some of the best weather of the year was forecast for the weekend.
Barking Park’s wet play area had been due to re-open for the 2014 season on Saturday (24) in time for schools’ half-term holidays.
But Barking and Dagenham Council deceided to open early and offer free access on both Saturday and Sunday last week.
Paul Hogan, the council’s divisional director of culture and sport, said: “Barking Splash Park is a great borough facility, which is popular with residents, but we are at the mercy of the weather.
“So for the sake of a week, we have decided to open early due to the nice weather predicted and thought it would be a great gesture to open for free.”
You may also want to watch:
Prices will now range from free for members aged less than a year old, to £3.60 for non-members aged more than one.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/splash or call 020 8724 3120.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
Barking Splash Park to re-open for summer later this monthBetter information needed on Barking Splash Park after closure say parentsUK’s biggest adventure golf course prepares to open in Chadwell Heath