Barking Splash Park opens early to make most of weekend sun
- Credit: Archant
The Barking Splash Park opened ahead of schedule after some of the best weather of the year was forecast for the weekend.
Barking Park’s wet play area had been due to re-open for the 2014 season on Saturday (24) in time for schools’ half-term holidays.
But Barking and Dagenham Council deceided to open early and offer free access on both Saturday and Sunday last week.
Paul Hogan, the council’s divisional director of culture and sport, said: “Barking Splash Park is a great borough facility, which is popular with residents, but we are at the mercy of the weather.
“So for the sake of a week, we have decided to open early due to the nice weather predicted and thought it would be a great gesture to open for free.”
You may also want to watch:
Prices will now range from free for members aged less than a year old, to £3.60 for non-members aged more than one.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/splash or call 020 8724 3120.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
Barking Splash Park to re-open for summer later this monthBetter information needed on Barking Splash Park after closure say parentsUK’s biggest adventure golf course prepares to open in Chadwell Heath