Dagenham entrepreneur and IT student launch money management app
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur has launched an app in a bid to help youngsters better manage their money.
Dr Arinola Araba teamed up with Barking and Dagenham College IT student, Charlie Madigan, to develop the computer game, bMoneywize, which was tried and tested at Barking library in the Town Square.
Arinola said: "I'm thoroughly excited to have been able to get the opportunity to create something that children love.
"But it wasn't done by me alone so I want to thank Barking and Dagenham College and Charlie for making the digital version of bMoneywize a reality."
bMoneywize is a personal finance toolkit developed into a digital game for young people to help them gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to keep track of their money.
A former Avon lady, Arinola came up with the idea for her game when her daughter brought a friend home from school when she was not around and cooked for them.
She told her she was wasting money and thought about how she could talk to young people about managing money in a fun way.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points