Dagenham entrepreneur and IT student launch money management app
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur has launched an app in a bid to help youngsters better manage their money.
Dr Arinola Araba teamed up with Barking and Dagenham College IT student, Charlie Madigan, to develop the computer game, bMoneywize, which was tried and tested at Barking library in the Town Square.
Arinola said: "I'm thoroughly excited to have been able to get the opportunity to create something that children love.
"But it wasn't done by me alone so I want to thank Barking and Dagenham College and Charlie for making the digital version of bMoneywize a reality."
bMoneywize is a personal finance toolkit developed into a digital game for young people to help them gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to keep track of their money.
You may also want to watch:
A former Avon lady, Arinola came up with the idea for her game when her daughter brought a friend home from school when she was not around and cooked for them.
She told her she was wasting money and thought about how she could talk to young people about managing money in a fun way.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham