Dagenham entrepreneur and IT student launch money management app
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur has launched an app in a bid to help youngsters better manage their money.
Dr Arinola Araba teamed up with Barking and Dagenham College IT student, Charlie Madigan, to develop the computer game, bMoneywize, which was tried and tested at Barking library in the Town Square.
Arinola said: "I'm thoroughly excited to have been able to get the opportunity to create something that children love.
"But it wasn't done by me alone so I want to thank Barking and Dagenham College and Charlie for making the digital version of bMoneywize a reality."
bMoneywize is a personal finance toolkit developed into a digital game for young people to help them gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to keep track of their money.
You may also want to watch:
A former Avon lady, Arinola came up with the idea for her game when her daughter brought a friend home from school when she was not around and cooked for them.
She told her she was wasting money and thought about how she could talk to young people about managing money in a fun way.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils