Dagenham entrepreneur and IT student launch money management app
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur has launched an app in a bid to help youngsters better manage their money.
Dr Arinola Araba teamed up with Barking and Dagenham College IT student, Charlie Madigan, to develop the computer game, bMoneywize, which was tried and tested at Barking library in the Town Square.
Arinola said: "I'm thoroughly excited to have been able to get the opportunity to create something that children love.
"But it wasn't done by me alone so I want to thank Barking and Dagenham College and Charlie for making the digital version of bMoneywize a reality."
bMoneywize is a personal finance toolkit developed into a digital game for young people to help them gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to keep track of their money.
You may also want to watch:
A former Avon lady, Arinola came up with the idea for her game when her daughter brought a friend home from school when she was not around and cooked for them.
She told her she was wasting money and thought about how she could talk to young people about managing money in a fun way.
- 1 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 2 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 3 £975 fine after man caught on CCTV getting out of car to wee on street
- 4 Care worker contests fine after 'cloned plates' car caught in bus lane
- 5 Woman seeks long lost relatives who may be in Dagenham
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Council failed to investigate woman's concern of 'cancer cluster'
- 8 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Tributes to 'deeply spiritual' Barking priest following death from cancer
- 10 Eight arrests after stabbing in Barking