Budget chain spends nearly £10m on Dagenham hotel
- Credit: Archant
Budget chain Premier Inn has splashed almost £10million on a new hotel in Dagenham, it has emerged.
The UK group revealed yesterday it had invested £9.4m into the four-storey hotel in New Road including rooms starting at just £29 a night.
The 80-bedroom hotel features a Brewers Fayre pub and has generated 32 jobs.
Hotel boss Bruce Tennant said: “Premier Inn is proud to be part of Dagenham.
“This Premier Inn will be ideal for those looking for great value.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added the £9m figure reflected the cost of clearing land and constructing the budget hotel which opened last month.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend