Budget chain spends nearly £10m on Dagenham hotel
- Credit: Archant
Budget chain Premier Inn has splashed almost £10million on a new hotel in Dagenham, it has emerged.
The UK group revealed yesterday it had invested £9.4m into the four-storey hotel in New Road including rooms starting at just £29 a night.
The 80-bedroom hotel features a Brewers Fayre pub and has generated 32 jobs.
Hotel boss Bruce Tennant said: “Premier Inn is proud to be part of Dagenham.
“This Premier Inn will be ideal for those looking for great value.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added the £9m figure reflected the cost of clearing land and constructing the budget hotel which opened last month.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police