Budget chain spends nearly £10m on Dagenham hotel
- Credit: Archant
Budget chain Premier Inn has splashed almost £10million on a new hotel in Dagenham, it has emerged.
The UK group revealed yesterday it had invested £9.4m into the four-storey hotel in New Road including rooms starting at just £29 a night.
The 80-bedroom hotel features a Brewers Fayre pub and has generated 32 jobs.
Hotel boss Bruce Tennant said: “Premier Inn is proud to be part of Dagenham.
“This Premier Inn will be ideal for those looking for great value.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added the £9m figure reflected the cost of clearing land and constructing the budget hotel which opened last month.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 9 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer