Budget chain spends nearly £10m on Dagenham hotel
- Credit: Archant
Budget chain Premier Inn has splashed almost £10million on a new hotel in Dagenham, it has emerged.
The UK group revealed yesterday it had invested £9.4m into the four-storey hotel in New Road including rooms starting at just £29 a night.
The 80-bedroom hotel features a Brewers Fayre pub and has generated 32 jobs.
Hotel boss Bruce Tennant said: “Premier Inn is proud to be part of Dagenham.
“This Premier Inn will be ideal for those looking for great value.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added the £9m figure reflected the cost of clearing land and constructing the budget hotel which opened last month.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020